Saturday, May 27, 2017

Making of a Tiger portrait -Oil painting on Canvas

This was my first attempt of a wild life portrait by oil on canvas...So far I had done several human portraits and natural sceneries in oil ...But never thought about to try a wild life portrait...I had spend a lot to understand various techniques on wild life portraits..Its required extra attention ,as well as its time consuming compared to other works...every brush stroke have significant influence on the result...Especially while creating fur effect of the animal..We should have good understanding of the natural patterns before running the brush...it was a great experience for me.

The great wild life artist Mr.Jason Morgan tips was very help full...I also refereed several photographs of tigers to get a better understanding of the stripes patterns ...It was little tough to capture the fur patterns..But several photographs on various angle helped me a lot...Hope I could achieve the result .

On below attached video I m sharing the various stages of the painting complied together.Hope you will enjoy it.











No comments:

Post a Comment