Saturday, June 17, 2017

My first Pastel Painting attempt of Blue Jay bird

Hey I m back again with another painting attempt...As like I mentioned in my previous Blog post...This was another attempt to try out a new medium "Pastels"...I have never used pastels even though I have hands on experiences in other mediums like Oil,Water,pencil,Charcoal etc...This was a new experience for me ...In the beginning felt little messy and confusion on the techniques...But while moving foreword, got better understanding on how to get best shading out of it.I had referred some on-line tutorials prior to this attempt..Even though it may not be perfect I hope its comes out decently...May be, can do better next time...

As soft pastels are really fragile in nature has to be careful while applying as well as blending with other shades.If you want to work quickly, creating large blocks of color, use the side of a pastel stick..Altering the pressure will create different degrees of texture on the pastel paper. When the side of the pastel has worn down, giving two sharp edges, it can also be used to create fine lines.

But one thing which I like is the better out come with in very minimum duration..It was very quick...This painting I had done with in three hours,differ than earlier Tiger oil painting, which I had spend may hours and days to complete..but it was really quick.

As always you can watch compiled video of every stages of this pastel painting..I would appreciate if you can post your valuable commends and  suggestions about this work, which will definitely help me to improve.


Finish of Blue Jay bird pastel painting



















No comments:

Post a Comment