Monday, June 11, 2018

Misty mountain -New landscape - oil on canvas


This oil paining completed recently for Mr.San,my best friend and old colleague .When he asked a painting for the wall of his recently built amazing house ,I didn't had a second thought...I wanted to give him a best one I can ,as an expression of our years of relationship...As he like clam and mind breezing scenery , I had picked a misty mountain scenery as a subject for paining.The magical paintings of Mr. Brandon was a an inspiration for me on this.This is 4x2 ft painting done on canvas with oil medium..Painting of melting snow was little challenging..I didn't had proper painting knife for the snow falls..I had cut a small piece of metal and made my own knife to paint snow..I hope its comes out well.

One of the challenges I had faced to make the difference on mountain base and the valley water....I managed that with the reflection effect on the flow path...Adding some stones increases the effect of water waves and reflection.I would like to dedicate this painting to Mr San on old memories of our Alaskan expeditions.








No comments:

Post a Comment